Here are the 5 best sushi restaurants in Waterloo – September 2011
Some are all you can eat, others are better for sushi take out. Maps are provided when you click the restaurant title links. The Restaurants begin with the best (or our favourite – everything is just our opinion).
- Tomu Sushi (Dine in and Take out, not all-you-can-eat)
- This is now definitely the best sushi waterloo. It is a great price and absolutely delicious. It’s not that close to campus, but it is totally worth the trip. You get all kinds of free Korean goodies when you dine in, and you even get miso soup (and sometimes salad) with your takeout. This is both the best tasting and the best value sushi in the waterloo area.
- Second best sushi waterloo. The sashimi is a little expensive unless you get it in one of their combos – so make sure to do that. They have great lunch combos as well – try the spicy salmon lunch, lots of food for about 10 bucks.
- We’re really happy with this new addition to the Waterloo Sushi line up. If you are looging for all you can eat and want to try something a little different than Ye’s – we say give Sushi 99 a shot!
- This sushi restaurant is technically in Kitchener, but it’s worth the short drive.
- Yummyaki has a great all you can eat menu. The sushi is good – fresh fish and not too much rice in the rolls.
- Ye’s is probably the best known sushi restaurant in Waterloo. It’s famous for the all you can eat menu. Their is also a Ye’s in Kitchener (the original.) The Kitchener location is better, they seem to use less rice in their rolls
- Ichiban is new to our list – good food, good value, great staff
- Iron Chef is located in the University plaza, so if you are just coming from a class at UW it’s definitely the most convenient. They have great lunch menus. Ordering sushi a la cart from this restaurant is little preicey. Their Miso soup doesn’t have much to it. Still a great choice for a quick lunch.
That’s our list! Feel free to leave us a comment. Let us know if you’ve found another waterloo sushi restaurant that belongs in the list!