Seriously try it!
It’s probably one of the coolest Google search quirk/fringe to date.Click here to google it.
The effect pays homage to the Nintendo 64 Starfox game, from which a friendly character’s advice to Do a Barrel Roll has turned into a geek cult saying. When typed into the Google’s search bar, the site will spin around the center bottom of the browser screen. It doesn’t work on mobile or antiquated browsers right now, so heres what you missing if your using one of those:
This guide explains what seems like the easiest way to setup a review website. This would be the sort of site where people review products and services that you have listed on your site. We are going describe a way that is flexible enough that the user can setup any of the three common types of review sites:
- User Review Site – This is the type of site where users can review and rate a set of items (maybe other websites, books, movies, etc) that the webmaster has put on the site. Users do not add new items, they simply review and rate items put on the site by the owner.
- User Review and User Content Site – This type of site allows user to add new items to the list of items being reviewed and rated.
- Webmaster Review Site – This is the type of site where the webmaster just lists a few items of their choosing and rates/reviews them based on their opinions (with no input from the user.) This type of site is typically used by affiliate marketers (who are often just trying to drive traffic to the sites of products on which they make a commission…)
So we started this by checking into the Content Management Systems available for building a review based website. They’re really weren’t any. Most useful CMS’s just offer a way for the user to create a review based site by adding plugins to a site that is initially generic.
After deciding that we’d need to use a Review Plugin, we checked out the plugins for the most popular CMS’s. You can build a review site that utilizes a review plugin using: Joomla, Drupal, WordPress and several others.
For now, we recommend giving WordPress a try with the GD Star Rating plugin. We’re going to create a site like this over the next couple of days – we’ll let you know how it goes and if we decide to change our approach.
This article explains the best strategy to run game on chat roulette. As we all know, the goal of chat roulette is to find a girl and get her to NOT click Next within the first 2 seconds. Here are the 3 stages to the perfect chatroulette wooing.
- The Hook: First of all, you need to get the viewer somewhat hooked. We recommend having a girl within the frame of your webcam. If you don’t have a girl handy, we recommend going to a library, a starbucks, or another public location where wireless internet is available. Sit down next to a female, and make sure she is centered in your video feed. It works best if you are as far out of the frame as possible (without looking like a total creep.) We’re not exactly sure why this works, but having a girl in the frame ensures that the average length of your chatroulette chat will be at least 12 times longer.
Alternatively, you can get the person on the other side of the chat (the stranger) hooked just by NOT being a freak. If you’ve ever tried chatroulette, you’ll notice that 94% of chatters are guys, 60% are freaks, and 17% are naked losers jerking off in front of their webcams. (on a side note… what do you think these guys are trying to do? Most of them are in bed, so it’s pretty safe to assume that chatroulette has become their new alternative to a free porn site… but finding a girl willing to watch them masturbate is about a 1 in 10 million chance (and since there are only 27,000 chat roulette users at any given time… they will definitely never find anyone..)
Lastly you might get someone hooked by wearing a cute or unusual hat, or holding up a funny sign.
- The Transition: Once you have your “stranger” hooked, the next step is to make them believe that you are interested (but not overly interested – remember the freak ratio…) in them. For this step we recommend finding something interesting about what you see in their video feed, and making a polite comment about it. For example, if you see a musical instrument in the frame, encourage the stranger to play something for you.
If you do not see a musical instrument, you could comment on an article of clothing. It will be so refreshing for the stranger to hear a clothing-related comment that doesn’t include the phrase “take it off” that they will be inspired to reamain in the chat for (on average) another 1.4 minutes (pretty huge in the world of chatroulette.)
Another favorite stranger-hooking-method is to introduce a pet to the conversation (preferably a cute puppy, but honestly, any run of the mill sewer rat will do.) Studies have shown that pet introduction increases the length of a chatroulette chat by about 1.8 minutes.
The last method of hooking a chatroulette stranger (and we mean THE VERY LAST RESORT) is to claim that you have a terminal illness that is likely to kill you in the next 5-12 minutes. Conversation seems to flow naturally from a statement like this. If things go well, and you eventually have to tell the truth, we recommend telling them you were in love and did not know what to do, or just hitting the next button.
REMEMBER: Never resort to indecent exposure. Based on the stats: if someone were looking for a dude jerking off, they would have found it on their 4th chat..
- The Close: Now that you’ve established a relationship with the stranger, feel free to whip-er-out, knowing with confidence that this stranger ain’t goin nowhere. Not actually.. but give yourself a little pat on the back for being better than 98% of the chatroulette clientele and click the good ol’ next button.
If this doesn’t work for you, you can always broadcast some obnoxious picture/video to your webcam using our guide: Broadcast Video on Chat Roulette | Play Video on Chatroulette with Mac