Wooo partaaay! But where are you going to go tonight? Here is the list of the top 10 bars in Guelph as of September 2011 (in no particular order) that you may love, or maybe you haven’t even been to yet!
1. Frank & Steins / Apartment 58 Franks is a classic bar whether for dinner, drinks, the hockey game, Franks is a great atmosphere and has cheap drink nights and wing deals weekly. Have had some sweet live bands in there that get everyone dancing. Apartment 58 is the club upstairs that usually has anything from top 40 to house to hip-hop and currently has promotions handled by Fresh Media – who always make the party crazy!
2.NV Lounge A bar that most people overlook, depending on what night you go you can have a great time. Fridays are usually the day to go, but with their huge drink menu any nights a great night.
3. Van Goghs Ear Also one of the classic Guelph bars, Van Gough’s (Ear) has three floors that will accommodate any music tastes. First floor will have anything from live bands to top 40 music with a stage to dance on, while upstairs has huge parties hosted by the guys at Guelph Nightlife for their third floor “Loft”.
4. Vinyl /Jimmy Jazz A great place that may have a minor cover, but hey..$2 drinks! Awesome music, dancing, booths, stage, and the place to hit up on a Wednesday, Thursday, or whatever night you feel like hitting the bars! Jimmy Jazz is right next door with a great place to chill out and yes, a patio!
5. Albion Hotel On the edge of the downtown area, Albion Hotel has great food and a bar scene that is distinct. Upstairs there is a dance floor but nightly music choices are very different.
6. Trappers Alley / Tabu / Palace One address, three very different scenes. Main floor is the famous Trappers with their dollar beers and atmosphere that can result in a sloppy night for first year students. Upstairs, Palace offers a very open club scene that plays top 40 and hip hop for the most part with a balcony, huge dance floor, and dancing cages. Downstairs, a newly established nightclub Tabu is now fully up and running thanks to the LateNites crew. They have wild house music that hits you hard and the best laser light show in Guelph.
7. Doogies/ Pablo’s Very friendly bars that are joined at the hip, go to either one and you will hear live music from the Doogie’s stage whether you want to hear some Tom Petty or Oasis. Pool tables, foosball and an extremely chill crowd, but a party if you’re looking for it.
8. McCabe’s Right at the corner where everything is happening, this is the place to go to with a big group, grab some wings and pints and have a great time. Has a big screen to watch the game, live bands, and an overlooking open second floor bar.
9. Bobby O’briens / Opus Lounge Bobby O’briens was the place to watch the Vancouver games this year and it isn’t any surprise with their great food specials, variety of beers on tap, and flat screen televisions as well as a big screen on the back wall. Opus, also put on by the LateNites crew is a classy club upstairs with leather couches and a bangin’ dance floor.
10. Brass Taps The official University campus bar, has pool tables, great bar grub, and a variety of entertainment from live bands todance music.
— Looking for some grub after your night out? Check out our Top 10 places for post-bar food