Here is an on going list of the best stores that take American Express in Canada. This list was last update April 14 2011. This list points out the merchants where you can earn more american express and aeroplan points. If you are looking to earn aeroplan points you should take a look at our best canadian points credit card article (it’s an amex)
Please list other stores in the comments section and they will be added to the list.
- Shoppers Drugmart (double points with Amex Gold Card) (also collect Shoppers Optimum points)
- Sobeys (can convert Club Sobeys points to amex points)
- Canadian Tire (also collect canadian tire money)
- 407 ETR
- The Keg
- TTC (metro pass)
- Go Transit (passes)
- Chapters & Chapters.ca (also take aeroplan on chapters.ca)
- McDonalds (only certain locations)
- Canadian Government/Passport Offices
- eBay (also takes aeropan)
- The Bay
Here are a few stores that do not take Amex
- Great Canadian Super store
- No Frills
There has been no official date for Canadian release but the insider sources in the online community have stated the Iphone 4 will hit Canadian shelves on July the 23rd. It will probably be priced at $649 for the 16gb model and $749 for the 32gb model, less with a contract. Bell, Telus, Rogers and Fido will all be carrying the Iphone 4 and it will be available through each company’s web site and retail store on the launch date. No matter where you go expect huge lineups and fast online stock depletion, there has been no information yet on pre-orders.
Just something to note, it will NOT be on the 4g network as our preview article suggested.
The cost of Television in Canada is outrageous thanks to limited competition in the majority of Provinces markets. That, coupled with the fact that TV service provider’s customer service is completely intolerable, make them impossible to deal with. This guide will show you how to go on the offensive against these monopolies to bring your bill down.
- First, figure out what it is you really want. New hardware, low monthly bills, or a one time large bill reduction.
- Next give your television provider a call. The person who first picks up the phone will not be able to give you what you want and neither will their manager. No matter how upset you are with the TV company, yelling at these people is just a waste of breath. Simply, and politely let the customer service representative know what you want (Eg. My bill is too high, My PVR is broken and I want a new one but dont want to pay anything for it, Promotion X is available to new customers and I want it)
- The customer service representative will tell you, more or less, that this is impossible. At this point tell them that you would like to cancel your services / speak to the retentions department. Don’t worry if your in a long term contract, most larger tv companies require 30 days notice for you to cancel an account so it therefore takes 30 days from the day that you call in to cancel for any cancellation order to go through. This is ussually incredibly annoying for the consumer as it is rarely communicated upon purchase, but we can use it to our advantage in this case. If your conversation with retentions ends in you canceling the account you can call back in anytime before the 30 days are up and cancel the cancellation order.
- The Customer Service rep will put you on hold and explain the situation to the retentions representative before passing you over to them. If you are in a long term contract the first thing the retentions rep will do is to try to scare you away from canceling by citing early termination penalties. Don’t budge, remember the 30 notice rule, and tell them that you still would like to cancel your account.
- The retentions rep will give you an opening offer. If the offer fits your goal in mind then by all means take it but, depending on how long you’ve been with the company, how much your monthly rate is, and payment history, there is probably a better offer available. It’s advisable to deny this opening offer.
- Continue negotiating with the retentions rep until you either get what you want, or end up putting in your 30 days notice to cancel the account.
- If your account is put on the 30 days notice just call back in and cancel it with the customer service rep and try cancelling again tomorrow!
From experience some things are pretty easy to get the first time you ask for them, they are:
- 30% off for 6 months of programming
- 50% off a new reciever
- Free installation of a rented reciever plus 12 months free rental charges
- 3 months free programming
Try it out and let us know how it goes by posting a comment!
We can expect the iPhone 4G Release Date to be Late June 2010.
We feel that there are now a sufficient number of speculations, combined with leaked information and the discovery of one iPhone 4G to accurately predict a release date.
Canadian Release of the iPhone 4G
Updated information for Canadian Release
We expect the Canadian release of the 4G to be shortly after – likely arriving in mid July. The Canada release date was predicted based on the Apple’s past strategy for the iPhone 3G, 3Gs and the iPad. Mid July is a little bit ambitious considering the lack of a 4G carrier in Canada. We expect that the 4G will come to Canada before the availability of 4G network connectivity. With the upcoming release of the HTC Evo 4G on Verizon, we wonder if the CDMA version iPhone 4G will actually be released before the GSM version (this would be the first time Apple has released handsets in this order.) On a side not, with Bell and Telus recently adopting the GSM model, we feel that it is unlikely they will even bother to invest in 4G CDMA infrastructure (let us know your thoughts on this topic). In any event, expect the 4G to hit Canada before August 2010.
iPhone 4G Images
iPhone 4G Features
- Front-Facing secondary video camera for video calling and Skype
- Camera Flash
- High Resolution Screen: 960×640
- High Definition Video Capture (720p)
- Secondary microphone for noise cancellation
- Common Mailbox: 1 view for all email accounts, SMS and third party messenger apps