Here are the 5 best sushi restaurants in Markham Ontario – November 2011
- Tsukiji Sushi Village – Tsukiji is by far our favourite sushi restaurant in Markham. Neither the prices nor the taste can be beat! The rolls are the perfect size, without too much rice – they also roll most of the maki rolls in just a little bit of tempura flake (other sushi places should learn from this) – it’s one of the only places you can find a perfect spicy salmon roll for $4 – great prices on sashimi a la cart as well. They do pickup and dine in and their frequent-buyer program adds up to a free premium roll fast.
- Saporro Sushi – This is one of the best places to go for lunch – the bill usually comes to around $13 per person with tax and tip, but you get way more than enough food. The fish is fresh, the staff are friendly and you can do lunch in about 30 minutes.
- Sushi Tei – Sushi Tei is a bit pricier and you don’t get what you pay for every time, but when you do – it’s a great experience. The rolls are good, and the presentation is probably the best in Markham.
- Gal’s Sushi – A classic with good value and great variety
- A Tate of Japan – This is a genuine Markham experience. We don’t recommend this place based on the sushi alone – it’s the whole atmosphere – especially around the tapinyaki tables. This place is fabulous and their chefs are amazing – it’s a “Must Try”