When you click the Terminal button in Kate, but a terminal does not show up, it’s simply because Kate requires the Konsole terminal and you don’t have it installed yet.
To install it just do a: sudo apt-get install konsole
Everything should work now – you don’t even have to restart Kate.
This guide explains how to install perl modules using CPAN in Linux
- Type: perl -MCPAN -e shell;
- This will take you into the perl cpan shell – if you are promted to answer some questions, just answer them (typically with the default answer – just press enter)
- Type: install MODULENAME
- i.e. Type: install IO::Socket
- Answer all the questions, generally just use the default (press enter)
- if something fails and it appears that it should not have, you can try: force install MODULENAME