This guide explains how to get categories working properly in your arthemia themed WordPress site. By default the theme doesn’t really support your categories, this guide fixes that problem.
- Find the ID’s of the categories you want to show
- In the admin section of your site, go to Posts, and select Categories
- Click on the one of the category titles on the right (Note, if you don’t have any categories yet, add some now)
- One you click on a category title, the ID of the category will show up in your browser’s address bar. Remember which ID is for which category (You can have 5 categories listed on your Arthemia site)
- Now that you know which categories (and their ID’s) that you want on your homepage, we’ll add them
- Go to the Appearance section.
- Select Editor, and click Main Index Template from the list on the right.
- Find the section in the code that says: php $display_categories = array
- Just use Edit->Find in your browser
- Change the numbers in the brackets to the categories that you want listed on your page.
- For example if, I want the categories with ID’s 5,3,9,7 and 1 on my site, I will change the line of code to read: <?php $display_categories = array(5,3,9,7,1); $i = 1;
- NOTE: Only change the digits in the brackets, do not modify the rest of the line, just leave it as is.
- Hit Update File at the bottom of the page.